Trip Report Sunset House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@jmcgilroy Sounds like masks are only required at the airport and grocery stores from what I've been reading, does that seem accurate?
I am on island right now. Masks are required in every store I have been in to so far (grocery, phone, liquor stores, etc.). Restaurants don't seem to be quite as insistent, although most of the staff wear them.

I am on island right now. Masks are required in every store I have been in to so far (grocery, phone, liquor stores, etc.). Restaurants don't seem to be quite as insistent, although most of the staff wear them.
I'm at Sunset currently & have found very few retailers or restaurants who are requiring masking - most say it's optional, while only 2 we found to have a mandatory stipulation.

Leaving Sunset House tomorrow...

With a wee dram of sorrow.

Witnessed the devastating effects of this cursed bacteria which, I've recently learned, first appeared off of Miami, and is now spreading through the Caribbean - the so-called "Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease"., and it was painful to see.

This may be old news to y'all, but for me, it was a first look.

BTW, a DM told me he was working with J. M. Cousteau during the C-19 plague. He told me that "coral bleaching" was actually a covering ( exoskeleton ) excreted by corals to protect them from ambient temps. that are either too high or too low - anyone know more about this?

DSD

...BTW, a DM told me he was working with J. M. Cousteau during the C-19 plague. He told me that "coral bleaching" was actually a covering ( exoskeleton ) excreted by corals to protect them from ambient temps. that are either too high or too low - anyone know more about this?...

Just a follow-up on the mask requirements, based on what I have seen in the past 2 weeks here... bars and restaurants are definitely optional. Grocery stores, and most other stores (the phone store, several gift shops, etc.) have all been mandatory and everyone seems to be wearing them.

Were vaccinations required, or just negative testing for arrival and departure?

On August 24th Cayman lifted the last remaining "requirements" regarding covid.

- You no longer need apply to visit
- No testing required
- No vaccination status required
- Masks are not required

On August 24th Cayman lifted the last remaining "requirements" regarding covid.

- You no longer need apply to visit
- No testing required
- No vaccination status required
- Masks are not required

Awesome, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom