Sunset House - Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Home_Brew

New
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Sunset House since they've re-opened from the Hurricane? I'm thinking of doing a trip in July.

I wish I could say that I had but........been there 2 times before. I'm sure you have their website - sunsethouse.com It is on my favorite side of Georgetown.

Becky

I haven't been there myself since last yr. but i know they are pretty much open...most of the rooms i guess are open, the shop is open, my bar is not open but the restaurant is open. they are still doing some work around the place. I love that place and hope to be back there at some point in time. Right now I'm in Dominica for 9 day's left the cold Northeast yesterday and here I'am in the 80+ heat...love it. will be diving all week.

Sunset House is open, but you would be much better off going with a separate hotel and dive company on Grand Cayman. Stay somewhere like Courtyard Marriott or Comfort Suites which are way more upscale and cheaper, then dive with Eden Rock or Neptunes who will take smaller groups and get you to much better sites.

Eden Rock is back in operation? I didn't know how much of the storm they took & even if they had closed for a while. One of my many favorite dive site on Grand Cayman.

So glad to hear about My Bar - one of my favorite places on Grand Cayman.

Becky

Yes, Eden Rocks is open. My son and I made two dives there Wednesday while our cruise ship, the Grand Princess, was anchored for the afternoon. Some damage to the reef, but marine life everywhere! We found a tree on the sand straight out past the orange buoy. We also found a large truck tire wedged into a hole in one of the coral heads. Lots of anemenies, tarpon, a sting ray, puffer fish, several large groupers, large schools of jacks. We had a great time!

Back
Top Bottom