Sunrise diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coll

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks, my dive buddy and I were interested in doing a sunrise dive for the first time. We were thinking about going to Breakwater this Thursday (1/8/09), trying to drop at around 6:30 or 6:45 (Sunrise is 7:20). Has anybody done this before? This is part of my dive buddies slow approximating to night diving so we want to do it somewhere nice and easy like the Breakwater wall. Obviously we'll need dive lights but are there any other things you veterans can think of? I've heard that sunrise is about the time the sea lions are out feeding. Do they eat near the wall or hunt elsewhere? Thanks as always for your help!

A dive knife!! lots of guys fish of that jetti!! so its always nice to have a knife! sea lions shouldnt bug ya to much!...they do run the wall but there not a huge threat!!...just respect there space! and they will do the same!=]...hope its a fun dive!

The restrooms will probably be locked and won't open until after you get out.... I know often when we do night dives it is closed and locked by the time we get out.

Follow up question; is it worth it? Haha I mean, I'll have to wake up around 5:30 am or so and I'm guessing air temps will be around 35-40 degrees. I like trying new things, but I also like warm beds.

If you have the chance to dive always take it!!! i wish i had the option to get out right now!!....just bundle up and get your suit on in the car!! and you'll be set!! I say go for it haha!! hope you have a good dive if you go!!!

Follow up question; is it worth it? Haha I mean, I'll have to wake up around 5:30 am or so and I'm guessing air temps will be around 35-40 degrees. I like trying new things, but I also like warm beds.

Sorry... Only you can answer that...

If you are doubting yourself I suspect you already thought it thru :coffee:

Well, the dive buddy/girlfriend insists and she gets her way! I'll let you fine folks know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom