Sunpak G Flash - Test dive #2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took the strobe on another test dive today. Sorry Uncle Pug, no macro yet. For today's shots, I did not bother to compose the shot, but instead, pointed the camera at things and varied the settings to see what changes would happen. I did put the diffuser on for this dive and I'm very happy with what that does to help spread the light from the narrow focus of the beam. All but the first shot (it has only one version) have two versions. The first version is the "out of camera" view that comes through the PhotoShop Olympus RAW converter. The only thing done in PhotoShop to the first version is sharpening. There is a second version of the picture posted that has had some PhotoShop work done to it.

This one has just one version - just sharpened in PS
f4.0 1/160 ISO64 strobe 1/3 power

322.jpg

f3.2 1/50 ISO64 strobe full power

301a.jpg

PS version

301b.jpg

f4.0 1/160 ISO64 strobe 1/2 power

320a.jpg

PS version

320b.jpg

f4.0 1/80 ISO64 strobe full power

325a.jpg

PS version

325b.jpg

f3.2 1/1000 ISO64 strobe 1/2 power

317a.jpg

PS version

317b.jpg

alcina:
Love the mouth on the first guy :)
I wanted very badly to wait for a face on shot of one of those guys, but I've got a lot of experimenting to do with this new strobe so composition will just have to wait :D.

Nice experiment shots. Now for those macros. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom