Sunpak G-Flash Heads Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This seems to be a popular little strobe of late. Just wanted to let anyone interested know that Adorama (parent company of Leisure Pro) has them in stock.

Just got done ordering one from them. www.adorama.com

Their web page still lists a back-order. If they have their shipment it would be really nice. I've been waiting for mine from Helix for a month and a half. Apparently, they've been b/o'd from the mfg. since November. Helix told me mid-late April. It would be nice if it's sooner.

Aggie Diver:
This seems to be a popular little strobe of late. Just wanted to let anyone interested know that Adorama (parent company of Leisure Pro) has them in stock.

Just got done ordering one from them. www.adorama.com

Thanks for the heads up but they just went out of stock again.

I'm sure people were running there after seeing this post. LOL.

I was also backordered from Helix for about a month (cancelled my order). I called Sunpak at the end of last week and asked them when they'd be shipping out to their distributors.

FWIW, they told me Adorama and B&H would get the first shipments this week, and then it would go from there as they tried to fill backorders.

I called Adorama every day this week and they finally had it in when I called, so I went ahead and placed my order.

Hopefully this will help someone out, I know trying to track this strobe down has been very difficult the last 2-3 months.

Maybe they'll send me one for free since I promote their product here on SB :D.

Yeah, but now you've got five days to get your strobe arm primer ready for my use. :D

Yoda, one thing I never checked before ordering my Sunpak was preflash. Does the thing have a preflash setting? You use a 5050 don't you? Do those older models have preflash? If so, how are you dealing with it? Thanks.

Larry

Larry C:
Yoda, one thing I never checked before ordering my Sunpak was preflash. Does the thing have a preflash setting? You use a 5050 don't you? Do those older models have preflash? If so, how are you dealing with it? Thanks.

Larry
The Sunpak does have a pre-flash mode but I don't use it with the 5050. Normal setting is all I need to use.

Thanks.

Now in stock at Leisure Pro, happy hunting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom