Sunnto D6i vs Suunto DX vs any other recommendations per your experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrTW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

I am thinking about letting my Oceanic VTX go after the fourth replacement unit just failed me yesterday during a dive. Great computer when it works but simply too unreliable.

Here are my criteria for a new computer:
  • Air transmitter enabled
  • Compact wrist computer (the VTX was the maximum seize I would want to get)
  • Decent battery life (or at least a decent 'warning' for when the battery needs to be changed)
  • Easy to read display under water
  • Intuitive user gauge
  • Reliable track record (anything BUT the VTX)
  • Good manufacturer support (warranty, updates, etc.)
  • Ideally 'watch' style so i can replace my watch during a dive trip altogether (not a must though)

From a functionality perspective and in the price calls of the D6i, I am sure that they are all providing similar features.

Any recommendations or feedback (good/bad) on the Suunto's mentioned or any other recommendation based on user experiences would be super appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a D6i. Love the Suunto software and Movescount online log.
Have had minor niggles with buttons not responding but this has never stopped it in dive mode. Overall happy.

thank you Tywoky.

Where you able to replace the battery yourself or did you have to sent the unit in for a battery replacement?

Also, how stable is the connection to the transmitter? The VTX cut out numerous times, which was not terribly critical but annoying cause it always triggered an audible alarm each time.

I have replaced the battery myself using Suunto kit (new o-ring included) You'll need a tiny torx driver for this. But is an easy job. The original battery lasted a couple of years and around 150 dives.
I don't know about the transmitter I didnt choose this option.

Does anyone have experience with the Sub Gravity H3 Dive Computer?

It does mention that air integration is coming but no ETA as to when.

Back
Top Bottom