Sunday's (1/25) Maui photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
There is still no diving due to conditions :17:
Between storms and ocean swells there hasn't been any diving here since January 10th.

So, another archive photo of a baby Day Octopus peering out from an empty Horned Helmet shell at the funny looking human.

012504.jpg

Olympus 2040Z, Auto Mode (Macro), Internal Strobe

man that sucks BIG time that you live in such a great place and still cant dive. i'm sorry to hear the weather is still that bad. good luck on it changing soon sir and thanks for the pic, that is a cute little critter looking out at you.

steve

LOL.....so cute! I never would have guessed it was an octopus!

Oh Great Neptune, ----please calm your seas around the great Aloha State for the benefit of all of us poor saps that live vicariously through Gilligan's dive adventures, and hurry!

Cold and Dreary,

SterlingDiver

SterlingDiver:
Oh Great Neptune, ----please calm your seas around the great Aloha State for the benefit of all of us poor saps that live vicariously through Gilligan's dive adventures, and hurry!

AMEN!!!!

Cute octopus!

When is the best time to dive in Maui? I pretty much got skunked out by weather the last time I was there in May 2002. :frown3:

Diving is good all year round. This winter just happens to be one that has been stormy coupled with more frequent ocean swells. The water is warmest in July, August and Sep. I think the highest risk months for bad weather are January and February. Feb and Mar are also the best whale watching months.

Come visit Oahu. We managed to get some diving in on the Leeward side this weekend!

But it has been a wet, windy winter here as well.

Gilligan:
There is still no diving due to conditions :17:
Between storms and ocean swells there hasn't been any diving here since January 10th.

So, another archive photo of a baby Day Octopus peering out from an empty Horned Helmet shell at the funny looking human.

012504.jpg

Olympus 2040Z, Auto Mode (Macro), Internal Strobe

Great picture...

Gilligan -

Sorry to hear your weather has been less than ideal. I have managed to get some dives in here despite being completely swamped at work...but not much time to get images up...maybe later today.

Thanks for occy - I love 'em!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom