Sunday diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So with the weather looking to break to a fair day on Sunday....anyone venturing to their local mud hole?

Tex,
You stand accused of living at CSSP. :lotsalove:

WPP to tweak on my dbl al80's a little more. I still turtle under 1000psi so I gotta work that out. It's a pita to be on a SS@15ffw and not be able to hover because your tanks wanna drag you to the surface by your gluteus maximus. Moving my tank bands down a little should get er done.

Tex,
You stand accused of living at CSSP. :lotsalove:

What do you think that well worn and dirty Coleman tent is out in the back 40 at CSSP!!!:rofl3:

Last edited:
WPP to tweak on my dbl al80's a little more. I still turtle under 1000psi so I gotta work that out. It's a pita to be on a SS@15ffw and not be able to hover because your tanks wanna drag you to the surface by your gluteus maximus. Moving my tank bands down a little should get er done.

Add a 4lb soft weight between the tanks and the backplate....
Always works for me....

I use a 2# tail weight on my AL80s and it solves that problem for me.

Willie

EEK! It was IKE !!

My internet was down all weekend so am just catching up on messages.

Went out there Saturday (with my dad) and Sunday. Dad doesn't dive, he likes to hang around and watch everybody else and get his talk on. Saturday, tho, he stayed in the car as it was raining/sprinkling most of the day and there were only a couple classes. Windy day, the surface was choppy (first time I logged "choppy surface" in my logbook at CSSP). But underwater--wonderful as always. Close to the bottom seemed like viz was pretty good. Found another snorkel and the mud is being taken over by this bright green/turquoise algae, in some spots it's white like cotton. Did a max of 33 feet.

Sunday was sunny with more divers, but less than usual since a lot of classes had been canceled due to Ike. Water was warmer than the air in the a.m. and it was chilly in my wet dive skin during the surface interval. Navigating between the big boat and Sisco I finally stumbled upon the mine. It is cool looking and what a find :) Max of 34 feet.

I still can't find the mine consistently. I just have to bumble into it. Nice to hear it hasn't moved.

Back
Top Bottom