Sunday DIVE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt:

I plan to be at Monastery Beach south side tomorrow between 8:30-9:00am. I have a gray Honda Accord with roof racks. Wave action model promises ultra calm waters. I'll bring two tanks.

Claude

That's the one place my chubby ars never has the energy to do a 2ed dive at...lol I will see you around 08:30ish (Blk F150). Have you ever done a yack dive in stillwater? :goldfish::goldfish::goingdown::fish::fish:

Have you ever done a yack dive in stillwater? :goldfish::goldfish::goingdown::fish::fish:
Just outside Still Water is a dive site called Dolly's Wall and probably has about 5 other names. It ranges from 30'-75'. There is some cool structure, and is the first place I saw a :jaws:while :diver: cold water :cool3: It was a 5 ft leopard shark. Also saw a tree fish that day and lots of other cool stuff. I have never dove Still Water Cove though, and probably won't be, just because the vis is better outside the cove.

Enjoy your dives!

Both of us arrived at 8:00am to find flat conditions. Walked in and walked out. Visibility averaged a cloudy 20-25 feet and a moderate to strong surge persisted through out the dive. South Monastery Beach is super site. If offers a varied sandy terrain with large and long rock formations. It's like swimming from small reef to small reef. Even with the less than stellar visibility and surge, still had a great dive.:D

The visibility and surge were a bit better at the northern end, but only marginally. Got down to 60 feet and could still feel it. One of the local dive boats (Escapade or Beach Hopper) had anchored at the northern end in shallow waters. Was able to sneak up on a large Lind Cod and swam behind and over it. The darn thing didn't even budge. Also saw a Cabezon about the length of my arm. Nice see to large size fish.

Exited with 1100 psi (43minutes) and 900 psi (49 minutes) respectively. Dive computer showed 52 degrees but felt a lot colder.

That Lind Cod on the north is always there...He's the boss...LOL What kind of tanks where you using? I started with about 3300 and came out with 700.

Back
Top Bottom