Sunday, December 24, 2006 YO Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sloyota

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So...conditions were near perfect, viz was like 100 feet plus...seas were so calm, I didn't get sea sick like usual...

Dove into the YO, stayed down for a while...

...but...there's this one guy who simply ascended like there was no tomorrow, well beyond the 1 foot/ second 'limit'...

Come to find out, he was Certified in 1 day on a neighbor island last year...

Scary...

I know I will test my limits as I get comfortable, but this guy didn't know when to say when... :confused:

Luckily, he was okay...I hope...

or maybe his DSC symptoms were simply delayed!:shakehead

sloyota:
So...conditions were near perfect, viz was like 100 feet plus...seas were so calm, I didn't get sea sick like usual...

Dove into the YO, stayed down for a while...

...but...there's this one guy who simply ascended like there was no tomorrow, well beyond the 1 foot/ second 'limit'...

Come to find out, he was Certified in 1 day on a neighbor island last year...

Scary...

I know I will test my limits as I get comfortable, but this guy didn't know when to say when... :confused:

Luckily, he was okay...I hope...

And this ladies and gentlemen is why I refuse to certify anyone that I don't think is safe.....bad for business--maybe....but it lets me sleep at night.

I agree. With scuba, all instructors should look beyond the $$$ and actually as a student, one must realize they are paying for the privilege to be taught.

But back to the dive: it was nice...all smiles!

:) :) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom