Sunday at TL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunday looks like a poor day for diving so I'm going to cancel. Next time I'll pay more attention to the weather before I post a trip. Maybe next weekend.

Hey ScubaDuke,

Don't ya just hate it when those little things, oh, say, the weather, get in the way of doing something you love?

Better luck next weekend.

I was at Twin Lakes Saturday morning and it was great. I didn't have a dive buddy. I met a guy who was along so we explored both sides of the Lake together. I had to go home after I used up all my air, the other guy had two tanks so he stayed. Next time I'll remember take two tanks if I'm planning on staying longer.

Would someone please tell me where Twin Lakes is? How would I get there from College Station? How is the diving there?

and if you want to spend some coin for the toll road, you would come down Hwy 290 to Beltway-8. Head south (right) on Beltway-8 until it comes around to Hwy 288. Turn south (right) on Hwy 288 to Hwy-6. Turn left (east) on Hwy-6 and Twin Lakes will be on your right 1.8 miles down. There is a sign in front. It will cost you $3 each way to use the tollway. This would be a better time-saver IMO.

If you do not want to use the tollway, then stay on 290 to Loop-610, follow 610 around to Hwy-288 and then take Hwy-288 to Hwy-6.

It's a really nice clear spring fed lakes(s). The main lake on the east has 2 floating docks with stairs for entry/exit, and I think the second "suspended" platform was launched recently. They are metal patforms with railing and suspended from two propane tanks so that they are @ 20ffw in 35-45ffw, making it a nice place for instructors to work with students without silting up the bottom. The viz. on most days is 15-20 ft. and there's a good variety of plant life and fish, I saw a good 8-10lb. bass last outing and the vis was good even down at 35ffw.

Dee has some nice pictures posted in an earlier thread,

http://www.scubaboard.com/t10992/s.html

or you can go directly to her pictures at:

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A2980C13DD4&cb=PA

As soon as my daughter has this grandbaby and gets settled in, my wife, Brenda, and I will be doing some weekends there. For now, if you happen to get down on a Wednesday afternoon around 4:30 or so, maybe we'll get in a dive together. Look forward to meeting you.

Dive safe
tony

Is there a website for Twin Lakes? Any info on fees and facilities, water temp, etc.? Thanks for the directions. Looks like about 110 miles from me and maybe shorter if I go Beltway 8. Area lakes around Austin are kaput due to the amount of rain lately and frankly, I may open up a dive park in my back yard if it doesn't stop raining.:D Any word on how the recent rains have affected Twin Lakes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom