Sund Rock Feb. 26-27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CustomTech

Reaction score
We took a class of open water students to Sund Rock this weekend. The weather was great. Vis was something else. The top 20’ had a heavy bloom. Vis was down to a couple of feet. After you got below 30’ it started to open up. At 60’ it was closer to 25’ to 30’. Saw several Wolfe Eels and 2 Octos. The big males are siting on allot of eggs right now. They can be fairly aggressive if you get too close.

We had a pod of Orcas come through Sunday afternoon. They were on the far side but with everyone sharing a couple pairs of binoculars. Everyone got to see them. The pod was going northbound and on our side was a seal headed south. He kept looking over his shoulder so to speak.

There was been a few changes to the access of Sund Rock. Make sure you sign in with the dive shop, pay your beach fee ($15.00) and get a parking tag (Free). The owner (Sund) gets a copy of the sign in sheet and comes down to make sure you are on the list. He did this Saturday and Sunday. You also have to have a parking tag in your window. Even if you are signed in and are on the list, If there is no tag in your window they will tow your car from the dive site. It would be a real pain to surface after a great dive to find your vehicle missing. As long as we all follow the rules there shouldn’t be any problems. I guess there have been some problems so this is what the owners are requiring from the dive shop personnel.

I think everyone had a great time. You couldn’t ask for better weather, just better Vis.

That Sund rock can be just an awesome dive.

Good to know about the parking tag requirement.

Salem you say? Me too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom