SunBreeze Hotel. Aqua Dives Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrl5549

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for reviews suggestions thumbs up or thumbs down?

Also if someone has a good place not to expensive easy to eat I want to dive sun bath and relax. Food is important but not main thought.

We just got back from San Pedro and stayed at Paradise Villas. In town so everything is walking distance and it ran about $110 a night for a one bedroom condo right on the beach. Plenty of dive ops, but we liked Island Divers the best.

Best place we found to eat is Waraguma on Middle St.

I'm looking for reviews suggestions thumbs up or thumbs down?

Also if someone has a good place not to expensive easy to eat I want to dive sun bath and relax. Food is important but not main thought.

The Sunbreeze is nice if you want to stay in a hotel. My wife and I stayed during our first visit and have since branched out a bit for more room. The rooms are nice, but small. I believe they do have a small fridge but thats about it. The Blue Water Grill within the hotel complex is excellent for food.

Twice we have stayed within the Paradise Villas. This is a nice complex, great pool, kitchens for a bit of home cooking, and a bit more room. We have booked through Nellie Gomez (on the lodging page of Ambergris.com) and have been very happy. We didn't eat within a bunch but it was nice to be able have a breakfast or lunch in the condo and not have to go out. For the Value, I think Paradise is a good deal.

I agree on Waraguma's--Best Burrito's around. Price has gone up in the last couple of years but I still don't think it can be beat. Elvie's Kitchen is also a must. Bottom line, there are tons of places to eat and prices range all over the place. BlueWater Grill has the best KeyLime pie.

Our most recent trip utilized Rudy Duran at Island Divers. Between He and his divemaster Nef they took some great care of us. Will be heading back at the end of March. Rudy's boats are comfortable, but usually wont go out with more than 6 divers. Some days last year it was just my wife and I on the boat. Feel free to PM. if you've got any specific Q's. Ken

Sunbreeze is a great Hotel great location and all you need for a vacation

Aqua Dives not so good plenty of way better ops such as HP Belize Dive connection who are located at the Sunbreeze now or Ecologic to name a couple.

Gaz Cooper

I stayed at the Sunbreeze several years ago. The rooms were ok, the restaurant very good and Aqua Dives were not the best.

I checked out the rooms at the Sunbreeze Hotel. They looked nice but there was a renovation going on so I couldn't see the top end rooms.

You will be close to several diveshops. I dove with Chuck and Robbie's and Ecologic. Both are good. I am not familiar with Aqua Dives.

Waraguma is a great restaurant. My favorite restaurant is called Island Secret. It is across from The Green House market a block or two away from Waraguma. It's run by a Lebanese gentleman who is a trained chef. The Baker is a great bakery. Sail Away cafe has nice sandwiches that are pretty cheap. You can also go to the central park next to the Catholic church. There are booths there in the evenings that sell hotdogs, tacos, and other small bites for cheap. Island Deli on Pescador has good, inexpensive breakfasts. There are also a few Chinese takeouts. You will not starve on Ambergris!

AquaDives technically no longer exists. The business is now called AquaScuba and operates from the dock housing the Tackle Box bar, sharing it with one of the water taxi firms.

It's a fair hike from Sunbreeze to Ecologic and especially to Chuck and Robbie's. Closest by far is Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection, a large and first rate operation now based at Sunbreeze. Island Divers is about 3 minutes' walk up the beach, and is small and personal and as you can read above, well liked.

Having dived with both Ecologic and Island Divers, Island Divers hands down.

Ian, the current owner of Ecologic, lost all credibility with me with his explanation of why a tank was leaking air between the tank and the valve. His theory of the temperature difference between mornings and afternoons didn't hold much water with me. A bad o ring, valve or tank seat seems more likely, but I don't know sh*t about rings and seals. Guess those classes I took to be a certified repair tech for Oceanic were a waste.

Hire Ecologic again, not a chance.

I checked out the rooms at the Sunbreeze Hotel. They looked nice but there was a renovation going on so I couldn't see the top end rooms.

You mention renovations. Big? small? Major? minor? Contsruction impact on the general use of the hotel? Noise disturbances? enquiring minds would like to know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom