Summer or autumn 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hogge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
this year I have hade the opportunity to dive in St Eustatius and Philippines, last year Indonesia on a liveaboard.

I need some advice for 2017. I have roughly 140 dives, AOW & Wreck speciality

What am I looking for:
1) Big fish
2) Wrecks
3) Warm water
4) Not deeper than 30m / 100ft

What alternatives would be ok:
A) Either 2 weeks on a dive resort
B) 1 week liveaboard & 1 week land resort
C) Combination of 2 different islands/resorts/areas

I'm open to many ideas, as I'm a singel (male) diver I can also consider joining a group or if there is an other singel diver (male/female) who wants to plan a trip together, why not.

Regards
Nico

Hi Nico!

There are several great options for a holiday in 2017. Here are our suggestions:

1. Papua New Guinea - This seems to fit your requirements. There are some small World War II aircraft wrecks along with warm water. Some areas offer schooling silver tip sharks, manta rays and even hammerheads. Check out the MV Febrina for a great liveaboard trip.

2. The Red Sea - You might also try a trip to Sudan or Egypt where you can explore some amazing wrecks, including the Thistlegorm. If you time your liveaboard trip correctly, you’ll also get hammerheads thresher sharks or reef sharks. There are several quality liveaboards in the area.

Queensland, Australia - Home of the Great Barrier Reef and the Yongala, Queensland has a lot to offer. Not only will you be able to dive one of the best wrecks in the world, you’ll also potentially see manta rays and sharks along with a whole host of other creatures. Dive from a liveaboard to get a feel for the immensity of the GBR and then spend some time on land in Townsville for the wreck.

Of course, there are a ton of other options too. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. In the meantime, happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom