Summer Camping in North Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crawford

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been planning a camping trip to NFL with my family for early august. My wife is hearing folks tell her it is miserable hot this time of year. I looked at a temp chart on the net and it looks like it cools off at night a good bit (low 70's?) which should be comfortable. Main thing is being able to sleep in the tent at night comfortably.

Any advise?

It's HOT in August..
If it rains, you will be alright,
if not, it won't be in low 70's till 3-4 AM.

yeah... not to mention the mosquitoes and flies and stuff

best time to camp Florida is in the autum, winter, and early spring (roughly, October through April)

that may be because I HATE heat, though... you may have a higher tolerance

Andy, you just need to camp at Ginnie Springs, then go dipping in that cool, clear water...

I camped on the beach this past weekend in a tent. It was bearable enough for myself, however, my buddy was miserable. Our only break was a thunderstorm that came rolling through around 3am which picked up the wind quite a bit - we lucked out and never got any rain :)

yeah- its very hot and sticky- remember that the low of 70 is usally at about 4am- you have ot get to that point. I have camped on the beach here, and was a pool of sweat. But it depends on your tolerance- Most state parks have electricity, so you can have a fan blowing into your tent- that helps.
Oh- and a note about the rains- either rig up a tarp above your tent, or have a super-duper tent. Mine is conseidered an all-weather, all terrain tent and was quite expensive- but did not stand up to a summer storm in florida. The local laundromat got some pennies for drying that weekend!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom