Summarize Bonaire flight options ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allspread Grapealo

Registered
Reaction score
American via San Juan daily ---

Continental via Houston red-eye Friday nights -- I know they also come from Newark but I'm in the southeast...

Air Jamaica via Montego Bay --- how often?

Divi Divi from Curacao ---

What else?

One more fly to Aruba and then to Bonaire on DAE (www.flydae.com).

I think AJ only flies on Saturday. My recommendation if doable is fly to Curacao, the Divi Divi to Bonaire.

Also,

Spirit Airlines from the States to SJU, then American to Bonaire, DAE also flies from Aruba to Bonaire with a stopover in Curacao so if you can get a cheap airfare to Aruba you can catch the DAE flights, they run about $200-$225 RT Aruba-Bonaire. Divi is great, but their last flight over is from Curacao is 5pm. Also, consider taking American from Miami direct, non-stop to Curacao then hop over on a DAE or Divi flight. Air Jamaica also flies into Curacao, I think 3 times a week, so you can take AJ to Curacao then hop over to Bonaire.

Even though you are in the Southeast, timewise the Continental Newark flight might be an option. Layovers can be long in San Juan and/or Aruba, so if you leave late afternoon into Newark, then grab the red eye, it might actually be a shorter flight. Costs out of Newark, depending on timing can be reasonable.

Just some ideas.

Happen to know how often AJ goes direct from Montego Bay? They don't have a route schedule posted to their website.

Schedule changes are happening again with AJ. They are currently and will continue to fly Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from Atlanta to Curacao. The only thing is some flights will connect through Montego Bay, some through Kingston. The Saturday only flight is still on the schedule for Bonaire, no changes with that.

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom