Sulawesi, but where???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeff99

Registered
Reaction score
A lovely little village in Wiltshire, England
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone!

New to the board, and new to diving ( long story - see profile!) Totally hooked now, and planning next trip :D :D :D Have decided to try and get to Sulawesi in June/July and have compiled a short list of resort/operations that my girlfriend and I are interested in. Most of the resorts on our list we have seen plenty of info, discussions etc. to give us a good picture, but there are two on our list for which there seems to be little info re: state of the reefs, currents, species etc. Also not much in the way of trip reports or reviews that I can find. Has anyone been to either Bentenan Beach Resort or Olong Siladen? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff & Susi

Ive been to Olong Siladen. The place is adorable In fact the same operator ( Celebes divers ) has the small resort in Siladen and another on mainland. Great dives. Great guides. You should consider to someway share your stay: between one and the other at least Mainland will take you out of the small island, you will use the pool and ask to sea the video about the submarine life. Both are really intimate, well mantained, with great italo-indonesian food. onong is on the only nice beach of Bunaken

jeff,

my first trip to manado was 1998 and since 2000, i go to there every year and sometimes a few times a year.

1) www.ndcmanado.com

there were the pioneers in manado and over the years, the resort become quite run down. still under renovation but i saw the rooms and pool last december. very good and still quite cheap now. the rooms are comparable to banyan tree. my dive guide there is anis. ( i don't dive with them anymore because my primary dive guide moved to minahasa divers)

2)www.minahasadivers.com

good room, good food (manado standard) and good boat

ask for epy (my dive guide)

3) www.tasikria.com

very good boat, food so so, good rooms

ask for melke (good guide, I used him once back in 2001)

PM me if you need more info

Back
Top Bottom