Suggestions on this route?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pajjpen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So im looking into a liveaboard to the maldives and found this one with Manta Cruise; Manta Cruise Liveaboard Diving
I have never been to the maldives and i read a lot of different things about going there in november, what also got me asking is that even tho this is a 10 day liveaboard its cheaper than the 8 day ones
going south.
Could you guys check out the route (under info) on the link and see if, for the price this is something worth spending my money on in november? or if you'd rather go for the basic "best of maldives" 8 day route (Leo Liveaboard) also in novemeber.

Ive read that north is more for the mantas and south is mostly sharks but is there other stuff on this route than just mantas, I am going to the socorro islands in February so ill have plenty of manta encounters there(hopefully) which is why im looking for something a little different now.

A lot of questions:confused: hopefully yall can help me out!

Cheers!

Ok let me rephrase myself. Will I be missing out on the good stuff if I do the manta cruise one? It won't go to either ari or south male atoll.

Would you recommend a different route in late October/ early November?

Hi Pajjpen!

It would be better to go in December but if you’re going to dive in November you can choose among itineraries that include Ari Atoll, South and North Male. Usually such itineraries are called ‘The Best of Maldives’ and provide more chances to spot sharks.
Maldives are well-known for diving with mantas but you still have chances to spot sharks as well.

Here are some trips available in November: Brothers - Daedalus - Elphinstone diving safari at Egypt, Red Sea - Divebooker.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom