Suggestions on snorkel/dive leggings for my girlfriend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FettSolo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello scuba women!

My girlfriend is looking for a pair of leggings that would be comfortable for snorkeling/diving in warm water (we're headed to USVI this summer). Any suggestions? She's looked at Wanderlust, but curious as to what else might be out there.

Cheers,
Chris

Any non-cotton leggings she can get will work fine. Just get full length workout ones. I’m on an all gal FB diving group any many report doing this. Cheaper than the dive specific ones.

I agree with @Marie13. I've used workout leggings and they do the job fine. Just make sure they're thick enough so when she bends over you can't see through them - and not so tight you have that same problem. I got a pair that are multiple shades of blue and white and they're perfect for diving. The special dive gear just isn't worth the up-charge.

I know the OP said she’d looked at Waterlust. They’re pricey, and unnecessary, but I’m really tempted by their whale shark print leggings!
Because whale shark!

Please take a look at what we offer. We have a package that is discounted and includes a top, hood and separate pants. the top has a thin panel of neoprene (1.5 mm) on the front and back, but it does not extend around the chest - so you get a little bit of warmth and zero restriction from breathing.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Dive-Skin-Rashguard-3-Piece-Package-p/mdsr3p.htm

MDSR3P-2T.jpg

If you are looking for just leggings, we have these:

https://www.makospearguns.com/Dive-Skin-Rashguard-Pants-p/mdsrp.htm

MDSRP-2T.jpg

Please don't under-estimate how strong the sun is in warm climates. It is very beneficial to have full body coverage that included the neck and ears and head etc.

Total body coverage also provides significant protection from stinging organisms, that can make you miserable for a week or two after a bad sting.

The pants have stirups so they will not ride up and make it easy to slip a shorty wetsuit over the outside if you need a little additional warmth. They are more substantial than typical work out leggings and also include an additional "privacy liner" - sorta like an internal bikini.

Many divers will wear a full body dive skin, but the separate top and pants makes it much easier to relieve yourself without unzipping and pulling off the top.

IF I were to purchase leggings from a dive clothing company I'd go with the mako rather than the splash simply because the mako are higher waisted. If you don't have zero body fat you're going to have muffin tops - and that ain't attractive on ANY body! However, it's especially troublesome as I/we age. That's another reason I go with regular leggings I can try on locally. They're generally higher waisted.

I like to think of it as a physiological buoyancy and trim aid.

Swimoutlet.com has many. Many of the surf companies also have them including Roxy, O'Neill, Hurley, etc.

I have a pair of Hurley ones (aka Nike) and they are fantastic. I dived with mine as well and they made sliding on the wetsuit pretty easy. Ditto removal! They work great for general sun protection and snorkeling as well. FYI not all surf tights/leggings are of the same material so be sure to feel and try. I like high waisted for the reasons @Kimela mentioned. It also stays put better - especially when there is a large wide waistband at the top.

I use Platinum Sun leggings. They are perfect. The third year and they are like new. They are a bit longer than all others on the market, which is cool for taller people. I use them everywhere - in water and gym and at home. And the designs are very pretty. You are being redirected...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom