Suggestions on Fantasea Line of Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkandls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am considering buying a Nikon Coolpix L18 camera / housing with a Nano Single set strobe. I want to keep my set up to a compact size. Has anyone any experience with this camera and / or dealings with Fantasea , located in British Columbia.
Any problems, warranty issues, etc.

thank you

I bought a fantasea housing for my coolpix P4 about a year and a half ago from JackConnick here on SB. The housing has worked out great and Jack has been very helpful in post sale support. I'm not completely happy with the controls on it (I can live with it though), but I saw that they redid the design on the newer housings (the housing for the L18 is one of the newer ones) and they are the way I'd like mine to have been. If I had to do it over again, I'd still chose it over the Ikelite housing because it is much smaller, a bit cheaper, and the 1 year flood insurance is a nice bonus (fortunately, I never needed to use it). I have a P5000 now and am still deciding wether to house it or not (it's winter now here & most of my surplus funds are going towards skiing). If I do eventually house it, I'll very likely go with the Fantasea housing (the new design) and get it through Jack again.

I can't comment on the nano strobes since I bought a more powerful Sea&Sea strobe.

The FL-18 is available, and is as Randy described a very decent housing for the money. The Nano is small, but many people like it for close in and macro shots. I've seen some very nice shots taken with it, but you need to shoot within it's limitations.

Jack

Thanks for the info, seems like a descent camera for the money.

Back
Top Bottom