suggestions on accomodations in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Westin count on a one hour each way to the pier (except on Sundays).

I've made this drive around 10 times (or more), just about every day of the week, and during morning traffic it takes around 35 minutes from the Westin to the Chalong Pier (if all goes well); and sometimes when traffic is heavy (big buses, etc) or it is raining (like it has been doing a lot in the afternoon) through Phuket Town, it takes about 45 minutes. It can take a full hour if pouring down rain, maybe even more! If the Westin was not such a fine resort with new comfortable rooms, I would probably opt for something a bit closer. like Karon or Kata; but I've not found anything else as "new" or as "comfy" with such great promotional prices, so I still recommend the Westin, and have been here for over a week; even with a 45 minute drive. Granted, however, the drive can be "wearisome" and there is no nightlife in the area of the Westin; so if you are into nightlife, the Westin is not going to work; but if you are into relaxing and diving, my experience it is nearly perfect.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom