suggestions on accomodations in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lnjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello I am an advanced diver from California, currently living in Shanghai. I will be coming to Thailand with my wife, most likely mid april and would like to know where the best places to stay are located. It will just be the wife and I, she will be doing an intro to diving with a divemaster, I enjoy everything but cave diving. In terms of budget $200-$500 per night USD for the hotel or resort. We want to stay somewhere that is very nice, not looking to pickup any bar girls, don't think the wife would go for it. We are in our 40's looking for nice relaxing time, good food and surroundings. In the states we stay on the Big Island of Hawaii and love the pace there. I have also been to Beqa Lagoon in Fiji which has been my best diving to date. That resort would not pass for my wife, but it was fine for me. Any help is appreciated. Looks like I'll be there during the water festival, should be fun.

I agree look down at Kata beach much nicer we stayed at Malisa Villa : A luxurious unique resort in Kata beach, resort and Villa in Phuket Thailand. it is so nice you have your own pool and outside kitchen that they come and cook you breakfast the staff are lovely and just outside the main gate is a great true clean massage shop I would have to say I have been to Phuket 8 times now and this was the best place I have ever stayed

Take a look at the Meridien Hotel and the Royal Phuket Yacht Club (down south, far from the sleaze).

Different strokes for different folks. I was going to recommend the Thalang Guesthouse at 500 Baht per night (with a/c & breakfast) but I think it might not be appropriate for some reason.

cant go wrong with kata or aron beach. the hilton on karon beach might be a good choice? you can dive with marina divers aswel the cheapest dive centre there by a long way and good service too.

Nice resorts are plentiful on Phuket. I would recommend staying somewhere in the southern end of the island rather than up at the Laguna Resort or the JW Marriott since those are both a very long way from the pier where the dive boats depart from. In the southern end of the island, you can stay at beachy places on the west coast in the midst of bustling tourist towns or you can stay at tucked away resorts that have a spa atmosphere of peace and tranquility.

Several of the big resorts in the beach towns have been mentioned--Hilton, KataThani, Meridien--as well as a couple of boutique resorts like Malisa and Mom Tris, but nobody has suggested the tucked away ones like Evason and Mangosteen and Vijitt. I don't know about you, but if it were me coming from Shanghai for R&R, I'd want anything but a busy town and I'd go for the tucked away places for a distinct change of pace!

The new Westin Siray Bay has an amazing deal on rooms (part of the new opening) and it about 25 to 35 minutes from Chalong Pier, depending on time of day and traffic. If you don't have a car it can be a bit out of the way, but with a car, it's highly recommended. The "soft opening" prices are amazing for the quality of the resort and rooms.

Back
Top Bottom