Suggestions for diving in Caribbean for solo diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABLAB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

Just got back from my second trip to Roatan. Have my Advanced with 30 logged dives. Looking to plan the next dive trip. Would like to dive 2-3 times a day and do a navigation certification with the goal of a Red Sea liveaboard next year.

Would really appreciate any suggestions for spots in carribean for solo divers where I can basically dive all day and have some topside activities at night. Sharks are a plus. Have done two shark dives.

Cozumel is a great and easy place to get to for scuba diving. Operators normally do two dives in the morning , and two dives in the afternoon. Could do a twilight and a night dive in the afternoon, which is also a popular option. We have some nurse sharks all year around, and it is always possible to spot a Caribbean reef shark passing on the wall. If you need any more information about where to stay or eat, feel free to contact us. Happy diving!

Cozumel is always one of the best in the Caribbean. For dive shops I suggest Blue Note Scuba.
If you are looking for sharks, I would look at the Bahamas.

Hi All,

Just got back from my second trip to Roatan. Have my Advanced with 30 logged dives. Looking to plan the next dive trip. Would like to dive 2-3 times a day and do a navigation certification with the goal of a Red Sea liveaboard next year.

Would really appreciate any suggestions for spots in carribean for solo divers where I can basically dive all day and have some topside activities at night. Sharks are a plus. Have done two shark dives.
Frankly, you don't sound ready for solo diving.

I think he means he is a solo traveller that dive. :)
OP, what do you mean by "solo"?

He calls himself a "solo diver." Perhaps he doesn't mean that.
He is new, I think he mean he dives and don't have a buddy that travel with him. Most dive ops around will buddy you up with other solo travellers that also dive. To become a "solo diver" you definitely need a few dives and a lot of experience.

Yeah, definitely not diving solo. Travelling solo. Have heard good things about Cozumel and the convenience is a plus since I only have a week at best. Thanks for the tips and suggestions. It's much appreciated. And, definitely open to the Bahamas if anyone has any specific spots/islands they can recommend. Was also looking at Bonaire but it seems it's mostly unguided shores dives that won't suit someone of my experience level.

Yeah, definitely not diving solo. Travelling solo. Have heard good things about Cozumel and the convenience is a plus since I only have a week at best. Thanks for the tips and suggestions. It's much appreciated. And, definitely open to the Bahamas if anyone has any specific spots/islands they can recommend. Was also looking at Bonaire but it seems it's mostly unguided shores dives that won't suit someone of my experience level.
Feel free to contact us with any questions about Cozumel.

Back
Top Bottom