Suggestions for dive boats, Atlantic beach/Morehead City area next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bdsora

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'll be in the Morehead City Atlantc beach area (staying in Pine Knoll near the aquarium) next week and I've talked the wife into possibly letting me spend a day diving.

Any specific operators I should call that run out Tuesday-Thursday?
It's a bit short notice, but I've wanted to dive in that area (especially U-352) since I visited there as a kid 20 years ago!

Also what are the bottom temps like this time of year? Any thermoclines and if so what is the norm bottom temp offshore?

Thanks in advance!

Discovery Diving in Beaufort.
Water temps are currently 80 on the surface and the mid- upper 70's on the wreck. Depending on where you go, vis could be 10-15' to over 70'. Lots of fish and lots of fun!

thanks guys, I'll give those ops a call and see if there are any times that fit my schedule.

10'-15' foot vis is a normal day for me so anything more with warmer water should be a treat.

was planning on layering a lycra suit with 1.5 mil wetsuit (i'm a human space heater) , maybe a hood and gloves, be nice not to have 7mm all over for a change.

Back
Top Bottom