Suggestions for Cancun 9/28-10/3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAWalker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My wife and I had to push up our vacation and we were able to book a week in Cancun September 27th - October 4th.
Looking for suggestion on Dive operators and dives to take.
She just passed her OW in June and has never dove anything but Lake Pleasant AZ. so we are looking for some nice easy dives, not too deep.

my wife and i had to push up our vacation and we were able to book a week in cancun september 27th - october 4th.
Looking for suggestion on dive operators and dives to take.
She just passed her ow in june and has never dove anything but lake pleasant az. So we are looking for some nice easy dives, not too deep.

check out Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel Diving ! Whale Sharks! - Home call toll free from home you can design your own dive package, with a variety of choices on dives in cancun and the mayan riviera. Your wife may begin with a very shallow dive, i myself can take her, hold her hand and make sure you both have a great time, it will be low season so we can even put myself taking you both only on one group.
Hope this was helpful and to see you soon

I've dove with Mayan Aqua Dive several times, and can recommend them highly!

Drop Ben an email at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk. He can get you setup with a great dive package. He has a good deal on hotels as well, if you haven't booked already.

Haven't been to the big AZ in a number of years now. My aunt still leaves in Tucson. We loved it when we lived there...(Sierra Vista)

Whichever dive op you choose, I'm sure you will have a great time! Hope you have great weather, too! Your wife will love the slow drift dives on Machones Reef just off Isla Mujeres. Try the C56 wreck and if you are up to it, try a cenote. Best to do last to rinse out your equipment.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help folks.
My wife still hasn't relized that depth is just a number as long as she watches her air supply and keeps to the dive plan and applies what she learned for OW. So far her deepest logged dive is 38'. Not that I think I'm all that much more experienced with 29 dives, AOW and a few specialties. I'm definately not experienced for penetrations or overhead environments. That said depending on the depth of the wreck I don't mind photo ops outside it. I understand that the caven/cenote dives are guided for OW divers. I'd like to check them out but my wife is hesitant.
Can anyone tell me the expected water temperatures/conditions for that period?

Thanks again,
Rob

thanks for the help folks.
My wife still hasn't relized that depth is just a number as long as she watches her air supply and keeps to the dive plan and applies what she learned for ow. So far her deepest logged dive is 38'. Not that i think i'm all that much more experienced with 29 dives, aow and a few specialties. I'm definately not experienced for penetrations or overhead environments. That said depending on the depth of the wreck i don't mind photo ops outside it. I understand that the caven/cenote dives are guided for ow divers. I'd like to check them out but my wife is hesitant.
Can anyone tell me the expected water temperatures/conditions for that period?

Thanks again,
rob

hola rob. Temperature of water is generally 80 to 82 degrees a shorty 3mm will do, but after 40 mins sometimes you do get a little cold so a full 3mm suit is ok as well depending on how cold you get.conditions change a lot. Let your wife know that she will be diving with an instructor that teaches this courses, you both will be provided with a briefing about the whole thing, on her first dives shallow with a descent line taking it very slow one on one, when she is down, it can be done easy and relaxing, there is current but depending on what site you dive it is great to drift. Please give us a call toll free Manta Divers! Cancun! Cenote! Cozumel Diving ! Whale Sharks! - Home for anything we can do to make this experience for you both an excellent one.
Hoping this helps and to see you soon

RAWalker,

Our crew will be in Cancun from September 25 - October 2 and will be diving with MAD for multiple days. We will also be adding a trip down to Cozumel during our stay. Hopefully we can hook up and get some good diving in.

Andy:scubadive

Back
Top Bottom