Suggestions for attaching a wrist computer to a BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for attaching a wrist computer to a BC?

I've got an Aeris Savant computer and a Dacor Rig Pro BC (so there's no shortage of D-rings - but I'm sure there'll be some wisecracks about that :gjoker: )

:confused:

Thanks

Dr. Jay once bubbled...
but I'm sure there'll be some wisecracks about that :gjoker: )

:confused:

I'm sure there will be.:D

Have you considered a wrist mount for your computer? I don't think attaching it to your BC is such a hot idea. I've never even heard of anyone doing that. You are more likely to see and pay attention to your computer if it's on your wrist. You will probably forget that it is even there if you attatch it to your BC. Plus, it could fall off your BC and you would never know. If it's on your wrist, it's always in sight.

Yeah, you're probably right ElectricZombie.

It just seemed like it got in the way a little on my wrist, depending on what I was doing.

I've heard of some people taking the bands off somehow and mounting it. I also figured it would get in the way more if I was taking the BC on and off (which I don't plan to get in the habit of just yet).

Do a lot of cave/wreck divers use the wrist computers? And if so, how do they contend with it being yanked when the BC comes off?

Maybe a small retractor or clip or something would be a good way to attach? :think:

Dr. Jay once bubbled...

Do a lot of cave/wreck divers use the wrist computers? :think:

Generally no. If so, they usually only use them as bottom timers and depth gauges. They use other dive planning means.

I wear a computer/bottom timer on my right wrist and a compass on my left. I take my BC off under water and on the surface all the time without getting hung up in it.

I would just use the strap that came with your computer or make a strap out of bungee cord and leave it on your right wrist.

Thanks for the advice!

I guess it defeats the purpose of having a wrist computer if it's on the BC. :bonk:

I have the Uwatec Smart Pro and it comes with a triangular attaching piece that mounts to the computer. You take the wrist strap off and one side of the mounting tirangle fits where a strap end would go. Now you can use a retractable line and mount to your BC.

I haven't done this as I don't see the purpose and I really like it on my wrist.

Back
Top Bottom