Suggestions for a new diver who would like to go diving in the Caribbean next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ipanema9

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I have yet to go on any dives since finishing my Open Water certification about a month ago. I have some free time next week and I would like to find a place in the Caribbean to 'get my feet wet' and start getting more comfortable diving. Any suggestions of places / dive outfits would be greatly appreciated. I will be going solo.
Thanks!
Jeff :biggrin:

Give Bonaire a go. It is an excellent place to " get your feet wet "!

+1 Bonaire, it was my first dive trip after OW and we liked it so much we are returning for two weeks in May. Take a look at ita matrix for airfare rates. Depending on airfare and other costs I would also suggest Curacao and Roatan. Please have a great time and write us up a trip report when you get back!

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

I'm a big Cozumel fan. Check the various regional forums.

I took my new diving friends for their OW after certification to Cayman Brac. Brac Scuba Shack did absolutely a phenomenal job. They have the patience of Jobe. No currents, no need for wetsuits and 100plus foot visibility. Winter can be windy, but there is always a place to dive. Easiest diving in the world, and one or the prettiest dive areas in the world. Little Cayman is a boat ride away, and there is zero crime. Where ever you go, stay safe and have fun. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom