Suggestions for a Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BadaBing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for suggestions on the best dive light I can get for around $70 (I know better lights cost more but I'm on a budget). I already have a small backup light with strobe, this would be for seeing under ledges and in holes. If you can recommend a model within my budget and ideally where it can be purchased I'd much appreciate it. -Bing

Look at the Tusa TUL-300. Should be right around that price from Scubatoys.

I've carried one for a couple of years now and have been very pleased. It's all but replaced my PT Shockwave LED as a primary. Very bright, nice beam, feels good in your hand. Do tie a bolt snap on the end of it; you don't want to lose it.

My $.02 Intova LED Light

Intova Aluminum LED Light IFL660 @ Divers-Supply.com

It's brighter than most pistol grip primary lights in that price range. I carry one as a back-up to my canister light. It's what I'll take on my next Caribbean trip to use as a primary light.

Thanks guys. I checked on both lights. They have the same specs. Found the Intova on sale for $49.95 and went for it. Thanks again, Bing

Thanks guys. I checked on both lights. They have the same specs. Found the Intova on sale for $49.95 and went for it. Thanks again, Bing

I think you'll be happy with it. I am mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom