suggestion for inexpensive underwater camera set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EPL1 starter package on sale

Adorama is out of the housings, they also don't tell you you need a zoom gear and lighting package.

We just brought in a few sets and have combined the refurb E-PL1 with a new housing and lighting set up. You won't get good results without a strobe and the YS-01 is a very nice TTL unit that's easy to use.

The complete package is only $1089 and is a great value/starter package as you can easily add the 60mm macro inside the same port, or expand it with wide angle, etc. - then take those on to a more advanced camera later. We only have about 10 of these available.

EPL1_housing_sys.jpg

I spent sometime chatting with the Backscatter folks this past weekend. I too was looking at the Sony NEX cameras. Nice informative folks and they have several great articles on their website. Bluewater Photo also has some good articles.
Sony is discontinueing the NEXs, apparently their menus were not user friendly.
They have evolved them into the Alphas like the A5000 and A6000. Sweet cameras. Not so big that the rig is taking you on a dive rather than you diving it if you know what I mean.

The A6000 comes with a 16-50 lens. Nauticam makes the housing. Even Paul from Nauticam said this is a "sweet" camera.

As for lights, I like the compact powerful Light in Motion lights.

This is now on my wishlist as a camera system upgrade. <hint to Netdoc, my birthday is coming up soon...:D>

Adorama is out of the housings

Looks like I got the last of Adorama's housings. It has been shipped. I'll try it without the zoom ring first, but will get one if needed. I am also going to see if my dual video lights do the job.

Small relative cheap and pretty decent image performance. Not the fastest in focus but you can't get it all and some great lenses out there . So yeah its a nice one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom