Suggestion for 14 nights diving in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all, i need a suggestion for 14 days diving (excluding travel) for Aisa. If i am going to schlep all the way over there (indonesia/philippines/fiji/PNG etc) i may as well max as many dives as possible. I should add that I am not looking for a '10+ night liveaboard' which offers 28 dives...i'll be taking photog rig, so really i want to max my divetime within reason. ( 4 or 5 dives a day including a nightdive) i don;' mind diving the same sites several times as i'll be photographing, but dont want to go somewhere for 14 nights where there are only 5/6 pedestrian sites..

i.e. something similar to bonaire or longer liveaboards in the carribbean where you are getting in the water at least 4x times a day for the 14 days. i did a 10 day liveaboard last year and clocked in 43 dives...that was perfect.

most of my research runs into the usual issues :

:long liveaboard, but not as dive intensive as i want. (10 days 26 dives etc.)
:dive resort but too few divesites, so people get bored after 7 days or they only offer 3 dives a day with occasional nightdive.
:suggestions to do multiple dive resorts etc, but i don't want to schlep around once i'm there.

Arenui do a 14 night 40+ dive trip, but there isn't availability...

ideally i'm looking for a reco from someone...i.e. 'i went to xxx in the philippines, was there for 7+ days, could easily have stayed for 14 and likely not gotten bored.'

both, i shoot both, but i would say its more likely, if i had to pick one, that i would plug for macro for an asian trip...i'm in galapagos and socorro next year as well, i tend to shoot wde angle there and bahamas etc.

particularly for 14 days. more variety on the site with macro, so less chance of getting bored.

Lembeh has great macro and if you think that might be to long in one spot you can pair it with Banka. Easy couple hour transfer by car. Lembeh should be able to keep you busy for 2 weeks especially for a first time there.
Another suggestion would be Bali combined with a LOB in Komodo. The LOB might have a day or two with only 3 dives though. On Bali you can head up to Tulamben for great macro, and Komodo is excellent for both macro and wide.
A few LOB leave from Bali or its an easy quick flight to LBJ.

Then there is excellent macro at Anilao in the Phillipines to broaden your choices. Again for a first time there 2 weeks should keep you happily shooting macro.

Tnx, I probably wouldn’t combine Bali and liveaboard as I don’t want to unpack/pack more than once..that’s not this trip...there are loads of options when you start combining stuff, but the goal it to try and find one spot to pitch for the full trip.

I did consider maybe just doing 2 back to back trips on the same liveaboard but the amount of diving is still not really ‘exactly’ what I want for this trip....that still may end up being the best bet though..

Tnx for your insight. What resort in Lembeh? Again, had to be somewhere for divers as opposed to ‘resort where we do some diving’... 4/5 dives a day as standard.

Loads of resorts in Lembeh to choose from in all kinds of budget ranges. They are all about diving, so no problem getting 4/day in, not sure about 5.
Check out the Lembeh threads or post a question on the Indonesia page about resorts, you'll get lots of help we are a friendly bunch.
My 3 Lembeh trips have been with Two Fish which is pretty much the most budget friendly resort. If I go back I'd probably go with NAD as they are reputed to have better food.

I think I’m just going to do 14 nights at the Lembeh resort and be done with it....unless anyone has a better idea ? :)

+1 NAD. Check out their black water dives. If you are going to spend two weeks in Lembeh you will want to try this.

PS. NAD is all about diving and photography. Would be tough to get 5 dives a day but dives typically last 70 + min. 4 dives a day would be easy to do. 3 day dives and a night dive. You could add a dive on the house reef if you wanted a cheap added extra dive each day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom