Suggesting for diving Panama City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJana

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Panama City the last week of June. I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions for possible dives sites. Also, if anyone knows of any beach dive spots.

Thanks from Texas

Too bad you're not just a week or two later. The Oriskany would be a great site! (An Aircraft carrier. They're planning to sink it on July 4.)

Shoot Yeah. Hook Up With Hydrospace For The Best Boats Or Pc Dive Center For Other Boats. Dive The Black Bart Or Bridge Spans. You Can Dive All Day From Shore At The State Park Jetties. Have A Blast And Let Us Know The Conditions. Eat At Montego Bay And Schooners. Have A Grouper Sandwich For Me Please. Have Fun.

Thanks for your diving and dining suggestions! That grouper sandwich sounds great. I will let ya know what the conditions are.

Thanks,
Jana

Hey Jana,

The conditions are great right now, 82 degrees in the bay. Can finally ditch the wet / drysuits!!

Good visibility and warm water...

There is some great stuff around, it depends on how much time you have to dive. I would highly recommend the jetties, one of my favorite dives (except for the fisherman) since you can stay down as long as you like (much to see shallower than 30 FSW)

I also recommend Hydrospace, they have some spacious boats and in all my experiences with them great crew.

If you are up for some traveling (about 1 hour East) Sea Horse charters out of St Joe is a great group as well, they are a little closer to some of the Eastern wrecks.

Have a great time on your trip!!

I think I will try the jetties. If I ask a LDS where the jetties are will they tell me. If not can someone tell me where they are located.
Thanks

ScubaJana:
I think I will try the jetties. If I ask a LDS where the jetties are will they tell me. If not can someone tell me where they are located.
Thanks

The jetties are located in St. Andrew's State Park. make sure you have a dive flag wtih you and wtch out for people fishing.

I dove St Andrews jetties when I got certified. Great dive. You hade better be in shape thought. I remember it being kind of a long walk to the water with my gear. Maybe I am just to used to boat diving. Hope you have a great time.

Go to Panama City Dive Center. It's right by the entrance to the Jetties.

But if you plan on charter diving I still recommend Hydrospace. Ask for Scotty @ Hydrospace.

I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. Ya'll have helped me know where to go for the best dives in Panama City. I know I'll have a great time.

Jana

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom