Sudan Liveaboard - Q & A!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misa

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello.

I`m interested to go with my friends ( around 15-20 divers ) in Sudan for a nice 1 week liveaboard in October. Since i dont know much about this area i want to know if the area is worth it and everything i need to know about Pro and Cons of this part of the world. Who to dive with? Is the country safe? Any tips and tricks you can share?? ty

Also, if you can provide any links where i can see some info about liveaboards, would be nice.

Thanks,
Misha.

hi i have been on the royal emperor liveaboard in egypt and now it operates out of sudan the last time i looked. Great liveaboard and a steel hull which is much better than wood hulls. We booked through tony backhurst in england. They do the liveaboard and flights. Do the flight to england and let them do the rest. There are a couple of other booking services in england for red sea trips. do a google search.

If you post in the correct section (red sea) you will get more answers. I missed it because of this, however I think you're posting too late (mid august) if you want something arranged 1,5 month later. Go in the spring instead. I would also advice to go for two weeks as the travelling involved to get to the sudanese red sea are time consuming (two days in each direction from Europe).

good luckl

Back
Top Bottom