Successful Operation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oem3105

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well, its just my luck. I want to post a thread and talk business and the board goes down for a few days! Anyway...

Last Friday (7/6), we get a report of a possible drowning in the Cumberland River here in downtown Nashville. A homeless man bet a buddy he could swim across the river. He made the trip over but didn't have the same luck on the return trip. Due to the delay in contacting 911, the Fire Dept. was unable to pull off a rescue.

After a couple of credible witness interviews, we got the boats situated and suited up. Our primary diver started his search and found the victim 10 minutes later. The victim was located at 15' approximately 10' under the front of an empty barge with 0 vis or light.

I cannot be any more proud of our team. This recovery could not have gone better had we sat down and scripted it out. I am especially proud our our member working as the safety diver. It was her first recovery and she performed like a seasoned pro.

Bottomline, everyone did an outstanding job and went home safe and sound.

Congrats to all. As with keeping in my previous posts, a real success as '"Everyone went Home"!

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom