Success!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rr75

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi:

You might remember my thread a week or so ago. I was the one who bombed out in a scuba pool class 2 years ago with the mask clearing, but wanted to retake the class so that I could dive on vacation early next year.

I'm happy to say that I took the classroom and pool section of the open water class last weekend. I aced the 50-question written exam, as well as every skill in the pool. In fact, toward the end of the class, they could barely drag me out of the water. I was able to clear my mask about 15 times in a row, as well as exchange masks with a buddy underwater. Did great at every other skill as well. I seemed to run low on air before I expected, but I expect that will improve with time.

I still need to do my 4 open water dives. I've yet to decide if I want to do them in Monterey, CA or in Hawaii on vacation.

Anyway, I'm totally jazzed. Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Glad to see you got it squared away. Welcome to our world.

Chad

At least you didn't give up on the idea of scuba diving.

:wavey:

Glad to hear you stuck with it. Either place you should have some good diving.

Great Job!:)

Don't worry about the air consumption thing. Your probably in sensory overload right now and really excited. When your more relaxed in the water that will take care of itself.
Over the years I've been to Monterey and to Hawaii. Monterey was way cooler. My opinion. Of course You'll have to do both to find out for sure.
Have fun and dive safe.=-)

Jim

Congrats! Now get out there and dive, dive, dive! :D

Congrats. If I could get through the problems I had with mask clearing ANYONE can :D

I wouldn't know which place to dive. But theres nothing wrong with cold/cool water diving :wink:

Have fun, and good luck in OW dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom