Subsurface vs Shearwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Ralph

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve done a few lazy searches, but never found anything comparing the two platforms, just ‘Subsurface is awesome’ or ‘Shearwater is the best’ kind of comments

I’ve been using Subsurface for a number of years now, and transitioning to primarily CCR diving the past few years, I don’t know if the shearwater software would show me more info about the dives that subsurface would?

All my dive computers are either petrel 1 or 2’s at the moment.

What’s your thoughts on the differences between the two?

Thanks,

_R

Meh...

Shearwater software may have access to more of the finer details but I have never looked for them.
I prefer Subsurface because I like the interface because I am used to it because all my dives are in there because it has dives from other computers before I got a Shearwater and because it has dives from before I used any computer. It is logbook software.
The Shearwater software is software that goes with a brand of computer.

My opinion: you need both but use Subsurface. You may have dives you will want to log from a different computer or maybe dives with no computer.

Back
Top Bottom