Subic Trip Report - 10 March 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USS New York
El Kapitan
Seian Maru
LST

are probably the 4 most popular and most accessible dives. There are some more that are further out in the bay and deeper...

NakedDiver:
whats the best dive site in subic? We are going there this weekend 6 divers (1 MSDT and 5 Recue). So it will be a hataw!!! dive for us..
hataw dive? ha ha! you're pinoy alright. welcome to ppd, n-diver! why don't you introduce yourself here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=119657

since all i've been to are the LST and barges (and i loved it), include 'em in your dives :D which dive op will you be with?

USS New York, pride n joy of Subic Bay is definately a must dive, 27M outside max depth, 18M to top makes for an excellent ML profile, vis has been layered lately so expect usual iner bay conditions. Try the LST at 34M max to bottom, and 28M to the top, usually offers better conditions visibility wise, as of late numerous citings of multiple Eagle Rays have been reported. For a rep dive you won't be disapointed with San Quentin 15M max, coral/sandy bottom, usually with 15-20m + visibility, better than inner basin sites. giant tridacna clams on the reef, and if you Dive w/Henry out of Johan's he can point out a family of Seamoths/Dragonfish (Eurypegasus draconis) that almost always offer excellent photo ops, BTW, it's my understanding that no other dive master knows of the location of these brilliant creatures other than Henry. Another good option, El Capitan (Majaba) Ol US Liberty ship, rests in 24M max depth, 12-16M average depth with lot's of marine life, blue spotted rays, jacks, red snapper, and other comon tropical life, @ 5M to top, excellent for liesurely swim at the end of your excursion.

NakedDiver:
whats the best dive site in subic? We are going there this weekend 6 divers (1 MSDT and 5 Recue). So it will be a hataw!!! dive for us..

you have wreck sites at Subic for all levels of diving. the following web site has some dive site info. http://www.visitsubic.com/diving.html My favorite happens to be the Japanese patrol boat, sits in only 70 feet and is small but filled with marine life. New york is great for experienced wreck penetrations.

Paul, simply YES!

The sites are all very quick to get to (especially if you are staying in the freeport area), so you could easily get a couple dives done in the morning and have all afternoon for family time.

USS NY and either El Kapitan or LST for 2nd... that would be my list for 2 dives...

darn, i should have opted to dive the wrecks when i was in clearwaters last weekend. the country club sucks and the beach in pangasinan was so not worth the 3-hour travel i have to endure.

ooops, sorry for the h-jack...!

If it were a reef dive, we would not even be having this conversation.

Its just that the only wreck I have been on are the ones off Pearl Farm in Davao and those probably dont even come close to the wrecks in Subic.

Question: How close are the dive shops to the Yacht Club? Which ones will be more than happy to give me two early dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom