Subic Scuba College...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to play devils advocate here...:cool2: I kinda understand how things got out of hand. The OP was unable to contact the dive resort/instructor for many days afterwards (OK, for well justifiable reasons, but that were unknown to him at the time). Then he contacts PADI about it (which is supposed to be a reputable source of information) and they tell him the resort isn't PADI affiliated!:confused::confused: This was an honnest mistake on PADIs part since the company name was different, but the OP couldn't have know. So basically, the OP isn't able to get a hold of the instructor, his PIC card hasn't been processed as was promissed (still understandable, but the OP didn't know why at the time), And PADI has told him it wasn,t a PADI resort as advertized!!!!:confused: With todays world of scamming, I perfectly understand why the OP jumped to the conclusion of something is seriously wrong here!!!!:popcorn: When in fact, there was just a bad mix of misinformation going round... OK, he could have waited longer to post about it.... But when you get scammed, do you wait to act on it? No, you want other to know about it ASAP, if not to burn the person who scammed you, just to let others know about it and prevent futures events....

I honnestly get the feeling this situation is a mix of various peoples responsability. But the most important thing (more important than pointing fingers) is that the facts were cleared up here and the dive centers reputation was re-established.

That,s the good, bad and ugly of internet! You can get great exposure for your business... But in the case of a screw up (which might not even be your fault), it can bite you in the arse!!!!:mooner: So you better make sure you do your best to follow up (as devondiver did) as it can be bad for business!!!

As for editing this post, I think that's rubbish. This is a forum... Not a "publicity site" You get the good, bad and ugly that comes with it. Let things lie as they are. Anybody reading through it will clearly see the errors here and understand the truth that was exposed. If we start editing it to protect businesses, the forum looses all of it's usefullness to the users. Might as well read scubadiving.com instaed....:shakehead:

Just my 0.02$

P.S. Hang in there my Pinoy friends!!!! I'm thinking of you everyday through these ordeals.

OTOH = On the other hand.

TTFN = Ta Ta for now.

:D

Hmm, as a neutral party here I would summarize what I learned as: I would be willing to take any class from Devon Diver. In fact I wish he were employed locally! Everything else is just stuff and nonsense at this point. I don't mean to minimize the concerns of the OP but it just seems like there have been questions raised and answered to my satisfaction. If I'm wandering around the Philippines I'll seriously consider looking up DD for some instruction. Of course I'm still banned from diving for 4 1/2 months(deco obligation) but then lookout ocean, here I come!

Back
Top Bottom