Subic Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rab1412000

if I remember correctly the F4 is around 42-43 meters

I am not much of a diver but it was not a difficult dive. The impressive thing to me, was how good Johanns divemaster was at finding the wreck with his gps. He flipped the anchor over with perfect timing and we saw it on the left wing of the airplane when we got down there.

pretty cool - one of my favorite dives

cheers

dp

The F4 Phanton rests at depth of 44m usually with pristine visibility most of the time, usually the operators whom have the numbers opt to dive it fairly early morning as these are the best conditions the site is about 4 kms off shore so it takes a bit longer travel time. It's a fantastic dive, enjoy, hope this helps.

thanks guys
how intact was it?
and what dive op do you recommend for the f4?

It's very intact, nice dive very simple. It's deeper than the PADI tables, but most dive computers will give you 7-8 minutes of NDL on it. I did it as a deco dive and spent 30-40 minutes on it if I remember right. The recreational divers went down w/ us had a good time though. I went w/ Johan's also. I know one of the boardwalk recommendation divers from several folks I've dove w/. If he says they are good they are. Nothing wrong w/ Johan's op either.

thanks for all the info on the f4.
ill have to try it soon. its a blue water entry right? no bouys and such?
also would anyone have any contact info on johans and where they are located?
ive dove with boardwalk before and they are quite good. but i like trying differnt dives ops. spreading the good graces so to speak :)

thanks for all the info on the f4.
ill have to try it soon. its a blue water entry right? no bouys and such?
also would anyone have any contact info on johans and where they are located?
ive dove with boardwalk before and they are quite good. but i like trying differnt dives ops. spreading the good graces so to speak :)

johanns outside subic freeport, its located along Baloy beach, roughly a 15 min drive from freeport to road leading to Zambales/Anawangin

ah near blue rock then.
thanks jun

I just came back from diving with Boardwalk yesterday and it is an outstanding operator. I loved the wrecks USS New York, LTS and el Capitan though all heve poor vis so just be ready for that. George, the owner, is a great resource and they have some of the best trained DMs in the world. They teach lots of Tech courses if interested.

Back
Top Bottom