Subgear XP-H issue, help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grvland

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Subgear XP-H that never returns to date/time mode. It's always stuck in dive mode with 3 dashes for depth and dive time of 0. It functions fine while diving, showing tank pressure and tissue loading. However it's impossible to switch gas and it never turns off automatically. I've found I can still switch gas using the IR port, but that shouldn't be necessary. If I hold down both buttons to turn it off, it immediately comes back on.

Any suggestions on what to do?

It might be that you are not getting the water contacts clean after your salt water dives. I would recommend you brush them with a soft toothbrush to give them a good clean and soak it in a fresh water rinse for about 15 minutes. dry the contact immediately after removing from the rinse and I think it should go into surface mode.
I have seen a few computers with water contacts stay in dive mode after salt water dives and this has always worked.

Hope this works for you.

Toothbrush worked! Thank you!

I have two of them (mine and dive buddy/wife) and one worked fine. I treat them exactly the same, but just the one has ever gotten stuck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom