sturgeon at Coral St (video link)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome sighting. And caught it on video to top that off. We saw one at Carmel River beach several years ago but of course we weren't fast enough on the cameras. Glad you brought home some evidence. :)

Awesome sighting and kudos on getting it on video :)

I'm glad I got some evidence, too, else there might be a certain amount of (understandable) skepticism about the sighting...was just in the right place at the right time!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the rare sighting.

WOW! i thought they only live in rivers! awwwwwesome!

My pleasure!

In case anyone's interested - the weight of expert opinion is leaning towards it being a White, although an absolutely definitive ID may not be possible, given the limitations of the evidence.

Follow-up to the follow-up - after carefully examining a copy of the original video, an expert has determined that it was indeed a White. I've dived Coral St a couple of times since the sighting, but (no surprise) haven't seen it again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom