Stupid ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 7525 is actually listed there towards the bottom with the gray line next to it (whatever that means). Is your camera the same as the 7530 as far as the placement of the buttons?

Send them an email to that place and ask them. They should know.

TOM

If you click the green highlight on the right side that says "Ewa Marine" you will find that they have a housing that fits your model and many others. It is a plastic bag with a lens window built in. They list max depth as 32 feet. It costs $60 and you can buy them on E-bay. Unfortunately, no, you can't buy a housing for "any" camera. Housings are made for models that are popular or have features for underwater use. The best thing to do is to get look for a camera that already has a housing available and get both at the same time. It is quite possible, with careful shopping, to get a camera and housing for about $400. The camera I use, an Olympus SP-350 can currently be purchased for $199 at Costco and some other places. You can probably get a housing for it for close to the same. Try e-bay Olympus auctions for new product with damaged or dated packaging. You can also buy some nice little camera/housing combos either online or at a brick and mortar store for under $500. I know my local Sports Chalet store carries several models in their scuba dept.

You could try to make one of your own, which might be kinda fun - but you risk spending more time and money than it's worth, and it might not work..... :wink:

I would suggest looking at Canon's and Olympus' respective point & shoot lines, and then choosing a housing from their offerings - this is the least expensive and most reliable way to go, and although it requires you buy another camera, c'mon, the technology is SO cheap these days....

Check this out on Amazon.com . It is just a "bag" that goes over your camera. I bought one for my Fuji and it has stayed dry past 50'. The air in the bag tightens and my buttons didnt work past 35' but it did work great in shallower water. (worth the $35 to me anyways.

Look at this chart, it looks like the WP-500 should be a fit for your camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom