Stupid Waterborne Watchband Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guerosd

Registered
Reaction score
Ok... this one goes into the category of "cant program my own VCR" but......

I just got a new Waterborne watch band and need some assistance on how to thread the damn thing. It came sans instructions and I think I figured it out but it just doesnt look very clean.

Anybody have one and want to describe how to mount your watch to this? Pictures would be good too.

OK, if you hold your strap at the top part (where the pin is) you will have two lengths of strap that come out of it. The watch gets put on the long length of strap, watch face away from the short length strap. Feed the long strap down through one side of the watch, down under the watch backplate, and back up through the other side of the watch. The watch should be placed close to the pin end of this strap. Once that is done, feed the remainder of the long strap through the end two metal rings on the short strap.

Once that is done, you are ready to put it on.

Run the long strap around your wrist, and through the metal ring with the pin on it, pin it in, then through the other two rings right next to it. Loop it around and back through the middle ring. Then loop it back around your wrist where it came from if you have enough length. Run it though those two and back around through the second again.

Sorry, no digital camera yet. I have three of these and love them all...=-)

I just found one on the internet you can have a look at...
z140.jpg

Glad I asked....

I'd of never figured that one out! They should have named the company "waterbondage" instead of waterborne....sheez.

Thanks much for the detailed description.

guerosd...
The idea behind the this type of strap is two fold.

1) Should a pin pop out the watch will still be held by one pin and not be lost.

2) The strap that holds the watch is not under tension and therefore is less likely to pop a pin out in the first place.

If you have your strap correctly rigged those two objectives will be met.

I have taken two of these straps apart and used the hardware with a longer piece of webbing for use with a drysuit. When done right you can double the long tail back and use the band on a bare wrist for out of the water wear.

Thats a wild watch band I wonder if it will fit on my Citizen Hyper aqualand?

Being an avid watch collector, I checked this message immediately. I would like to add to the other replies here by reccomending that the strap be threaded through the 2 rings next to the bottom (6 o'clock) of the watch oppositely each other, in such a fashion that it 'locks' the watch in place on the strap. When done this way there is extra fabric under the watch which 'cushions' the watch on the wrist. For a few pictures on how this should be done, visit www.timefactors.com, click on 'straps & stuff', then on 'waterbornes'. I have several Waterbornes on Seiko divers and truly love this strap. I wear it all the time, in and out of the water.:D

Geekdiver: I am pretty sure that the watchband would fit your Hyper Aqualand. I think that the widths range from 19mm up to somewhere around 23mm or so. I have a 19mm one on my Aqualand and I think a 22mm on my Suunto Spyder computer. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Mrdiver: Nice add to the config. I had never thought of adding that extra hook in but it makes perfect sense. I have a slightly longer strap than normal so out of the water, I loop the strap back and lock it in those rings. (so your addition doesn't really help me as it already ties them up) But for over my drysuit, as the residual length isn't enough to come all the way back to the 6 o'clock rings, it will work much better if I use them to lock in the strap right at the start.

(Still wish I had a digital camera)

Thanks.

I have conducted a quick web search and have not found a USA dealer. Can anyone please point in the right direction?|

Thanks!

Thomas

Back
Top Bottom