Stupid diver of the year award.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AWESOME!!!!

:rofl3:

It's always great to get a good laugh at someone else's expense (for a change!). Thanks so much for sharing!

At least you didn't start with a: "Hey, watch this...."

And congrats on not doing any permanent damage!

Sorry for your pain dude, but your learning experience was one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Thanks for sharing your embarrasment.
:rofl2:

Elmer,
you stated: "I've used these things several times before and never had a problem."..........remember Murphy's Law! hahaha.....glad you have no serious injury.

Must have been funny for the passers-by. A buddy of mine had a similar incident but he used a thermos of hot water. Needless to say he made a mad dash into the water, one laps of judgement he still has not lived down.
ZDD

...and the lesson we learned today class??????

the "hot guy"isn't always the brightest!!!!!
what a sales "tool" for a drysuit class!!!!
chemicals and diving don't mix???
glad it's not serious!
had a guy use them in a ice class,in his booties,squashed them,messed up his skin a tad!
lessons learned! stick with"warm "water!
have fun,thanks for making beer come out my nose!
yaeg

So, what has the temperature in the sound been lately? I'm heading up week after next and was hoping to get a dive in.

Honestly, I don't really know. For single dives above 60' I often just dive with a depth gauge and a watch. The surface seems pretty darn cold though. You really notice it on your face when you get in. I'm guessing about 45 degrees, but it feels colder than that on the surface. I think it was 48 degrees back in early December when I checked and it's definitely colder now.

Thanks for the info. I've dived a lot up there in the summer with an 8 mil. and been fine, but water was around 55 degrees. Thought it may be warmer since you said you were diving wet. So..... looks like a dry suit is in order. Thanks again. By the way where were you diving?

I watched a similar incident a few years ago in Seattle. A diver on the same boat as I did started to unzip his dry suit under water. He had taped a bunch of those chemical handwarmers to his body which he had done many times in the past with no bad experiances. Unfortunitly, this was his first dive after getting his nitrox cert and was diving on 36% (i think that was it). In the past he used his air to inflate his dry suit and didnt realize that the extra O2 would cause the heat packs to become a little more Exothermic than they had in the past. Lesson Learned. He had 4 small square burns on his torso that must have been uncomfortibile.

Thanks for the info. I've dived a lot up there in the summer with an 8 mil. and been fine, but water was around 55 degrees. Thought it may be warmer since you said you were diving wet. So..... looks like a dry suit is in order. Thanks again. By the way where were you diving?

I was diving down at the Old Town Dock on Ruston Way. It's my favorite site in that area, (there's also Les Davis, the Lobster Shop Wall and Dickman's Mill), but at this time of year it seems kind of dead. I dove Les Davis a couple weeks ago and that was a better dive. Les Davis is a somewhat deeper dive though and not one I'd care to try right now without a drysuit.

If you have a good wetsuit that really fits you and you're not going beyond 50' you'll probably be OK for a single dive. I doubt you'll want to do a second one though. If you want to go deep or do multiple dives then a drysuit is the only way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom