Students going to St Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have two OW students going to St Martin in Feb. They are fully capable of diving on their own but wish to hire a DM or Guide to get an orientation to the sights underwater. They also DO NOT WANT TO DO BOAT DIVES. The wife has some knee issues and climbing a boat ladder is not easy for her. Flipping into a small boat is also out of the question. Any one know of shops that will rent tanks and weights and have DM available for hire? Again they do not want to boat dive or go to sites that are beyond recommended OW limits. They want to stay less than 40 feet and look at fish and primarily relax. Post or PM with info.

I would like to hear if someone is doing this, but I don't know of any easily accessible shore dives on the island. There is also a lot of recreational boat traffic in most areas, so please advise them to be very careful.

See my pm.

You can check with Dive Safari on the Dutch side of Sint Marteen. They have a location in Simpson Bay and one in Philipsberg.

Back
Top Bottom