Stuck / going to be stuck in Europe - non political

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

China and Europe are two different animals.
Not to mention they are two (very) different parts of the world.

Please, stay where you are, until the storm is passed!

That's solid advice, but few people have the ability to just stay put... jobs, kids, pets and perhaps above all, the expense of staying away from home for potentially months would be brutal.

China and Europe are two different animals.

I figured that it would be delayed due to US carriers canceling flights a couple of weeks back.

It seems that US citizens and permanent residents of the US will be allowed to re-enter and come home, however, for people not in those categories needing to come/return to the US from one of the affected European countries, it looks like their only recourse would be to move to a country such as the UK for the next 14+ days, before attempting to return. This might not be a safe choice anyway, since as mentioned above people moving participate to the spreading of the epidemic, plus there is a strong chance that plan might fail since it is likely new travel restrictions might be put in place over the next weeks affecting the country where you might have chosen to temporarily relocate.
In any case, I believe one of the most affected group(s) of people will be foreign students and company employees on visas who might have been travelling over the past few days, especially given the fact that some universities are currently on spring break. I have been in that situation myself before as a grad student on an F1 visa, and being stranded abroad not allowed to return for potentially months could be disastrous for your studies/work/research, so I really hope most people have stayed put and not too many will find themselves in this type of predicament over the coming weeks/months.

I sure wish I was stuck in say....Ljubiana for a month:)

I sure wish I was stuck in say....Ljubiana for a month:)
I do not think that being stuck in any city which is being shut down for the virus can be pleasant. You cannot exit from your home or hotel room. You cannot meet people. You cannot do anything, even walking in a park...
I am in this state since 2 weeks, and it is terrible. And I am at my home, with my family. I would not wish even to my worst enemy being stuck in a foreign country, in a desert city, where the only cars on the road are police or ambulances carrying infected people to the hospital.

I am stuck in Moalboal with nothing to do but go diving.

It's an easy gig but someone has to do it.

:snorkel:

But you can sing off of your balcony! How lovely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom