Stuck control on Ikelite G9 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftin' by

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was checking out my Ikelite G9 housing over the weekend that had been stored away our last trip in May. I noticed that one of the sliding control knobs located on the top that slides out of the way to insert the camera was stuck/sized. Obviously, my care in maintenance wasn't diligent enough when using the housing last possibly allowing some water or salt water to rest on the shaft of the control. With little effort, I was able to get it moving however, it doesn't move as easily and freely as before. It's definitely something I need to have replaced or repaired before using the housing again however, was wonder if anyone else had a similar problem and what was done to fix it. It looks like maintenance can be preformed on most controls. Is that a job for a handy owner or something best performed by Ikelite? Or would it be wise to replace the entire control itself by simply unbolting it from the housing. In either case of DIY, are the parts even available from Ikelite or am I looking at sending the whole housing in for repair the depth testing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom