Stuart's Cove Shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melissalv29

Registered
Reaction score
:11: ok...i have my aow...done about 70 hours in the water...in 2 years..am doing a shark dive with stuarts cove in 2 weeks...excited..but very nervous...they are very truthful...people have been bitten they said...but still want to do this...anybody done this one before...can you give me some words of encouragement...thanks..melissa

Done it, it's wild. I love it. Would do it again in a second. I never saw anyone get bit, but....these 8-12 foot sharks are bumping into you..hard. I saw 3 people on our dive get knocked flat over on their side, then you have to wait for a DM to come by and pick you up. Some of thebest photography I've shot. And it's fun to tell your buddies in a bar!

Down at Stuarts Cove.
But I didn't do the shark dive. I thought is would be a waste of money. I was going to do it bit I dove in the morning and I got to swim along side a 12 ft. Black Tip. I was about 3 ft from him. And when we went down the wall the sharks were all over the place. I didn't see the sense in spending the extra money to kneel on the bottom with my hands tucked away watching a guy stick a fish on the end of a stick so a shark could take it off as it swims by. One word comes to mind "BORING". I used the afternoon to do 2 other dives and got to see more sharks there as well. Not to mention the 5' Baracuda that stop in front of my face and eyeballed me for about 30 seconds and then shot off like a dart.
It was money better spent.
Fred

fgray1:
Down at Stuarts Cove.
One word comes to mind "BORING".

I can think of lots of words to describe the shark dive but boring sure isn't one of them. I have gotten more mileage out of that video than you would believe. Well worth the money. Do not miss the dive.

Tim Ingersoll:
I can think of lots of words to describe the shark dive but boring sure isn't one of them. I have gotten more mileage out of that video than you would believe. Well worth the money. Do not miss the dive.
I've dove with sharks 6 times, none of them feeding, so kneeling on the bottom while they swim by doesn't do it for me. The last time I dove with them my buddy almost jump on top of one as he entered the water. The shark came from under the boat as he stepped off and ended up right between his legs. Now that's exciting. We hung out at the deco bar waiting for the rest to get in and the shark hung out with us about 4 ft from us.
I wasn't saying don't do it I was saying for the money you can spend more time with the sharks in a more natural setting when your in the Bahamas. SHarks are all over the place. Why pay to watch a guy feed them like a trained animal.
Fred

fgray1:
I wasn't saying don't do it I was saying for the money you can spend more time with the sharks in a more natural setting when your in the Bahamas. SHarks are all over the place. Why pay to watch a guy feed them like a trained animal.
Fred

We saw sharks on every dive in the Bahamas, however, being in the middle of 20 to 30 of them while they are feeding is an incredible, albeit engineered, situation. It is definitely worth the extra money. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

i have heard that they bump into quite often....and come right at you and then turn away? what do you do...just sit there..and hope they turn away?
melissa

melissalv29:
i have heard that they bump into quite often....and come right at you and then turn away? what do you do...just sit there..and hope they turn away?
melissa
I've never done the shark feeding but if your nervous.
Do an AM dive in the same area where they feed them in the PM.
You will see and swim with them and if you handle that well then go ahead and do the PM dive when they feed them. If it makes you nervous to swim with them close by then op not to. From what I've seen in the vids they do come at you and occasionly bump into you. they are looking for the guy with the fish that's why they tell you not to wear white gloves and to keep your hand tucked away. So they don't mistake your hand for a fish. The choice is yours. As always in diving don't do anything where your uncomfortable.
This just my 2PSI worth. As with all my comments.
Fred

I've done the Stuart Cove's shark feeding and Xanadu feeding on GB. Both are a blast and as mentioned earlier, the video will be the hit at parties.

Stuart Cove runs theirs as a two tank package, with a cool swim along with the sharks wall dive on the first tank, and the stationary feeding on the second tank.

May I suggest an additional adventure dive with Stuart Cove, the DPV wall flying. Just imagine combining DPVs, sharks and James Bond movie set wrecks along with a wall dive along the 5000 ft deep "Tongue of the Sea" trench off of New Providence. These are limited to six divers max, so its not crowded. Don't miss it as they only run a couple times a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom