Stuart Cove's - Nassau, GREAT EXPERIENCE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jreihl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was staying at Atlantis, Paradise Island the first week of April and just wanted to tell everyone about the great experience diving with Stuart Cove.

I booked 8 dives and the experience ranged from great to phenominal. First of all I was a bit hesitant to book with Stuart Cove based on some of the "Cattle Boat" comments here. I would have to say that I felt that I was treated very well.

I had the pleasure to dive with a very cool English divemaster, James. He is a very intersting guy, took the time to find out all of the divers abilities and group us accordingly, gave great dive breifings, and even bent over backwards to help me with an equipment problem I had. A very fun guy with great stories and a good dive leader. I think I was with him on 5 of the 8 dives.

On another dive I was with another divemaster, Ben, aka wonderboy. We dropped in off the boat, I start my descent, and I see Ben buzzing by with a bag of trash he had picked up off the bottom. After tying it to the anchor line, he buzzed back and led the group. He showed me some unbelievable swimthroughs and caves. This guy is just a really good diver that truly has a zest for what he is doing.

The only gripe I have was no fault of the divemasters or employees...Ben was interrupted during his briefing by a know-it all, Mr. Tech-head, and said that he would do his own thing, that he didn't like crowds, and he and his group would take care of themselves. There were only 6 in our group, so when they went their own ways, I stuck with Ben and he took me for the dive of my life. They missed out on some great swimthroughs, critters, and watching wonderboy.

The photographers on the boat were not pushy, as I thought they might be, to sell the photos. I ended up buying some fantastic shots when I got home. They were kinda pricey, but very much worth it.

All in all I ended up seeing plenty of sharks (15 at a time), snorkeled with dolphins (they took the time during a surface interval to let us all jump in), and saw a huge manta ray (unfortunately from the boat). The next time I'm anywhere near Nassau, I will go out of my way to dive with Stuart Cove and I hope that James and Ben are still there to show me some great diving.

I would recommend these guys to anyone diving in Nassau. I have dived with charters in Cozumel, Belize, Cayman Is., St. Maarten, Lake Michigan, and this was my best boat diving experience.

I dove with them 3 years ago and had a similar experience. I would definitely dive with them again. I just got back from Freeport and did some shark dives there as well.

Had a similar experience. Would recommend them. Wouldn't go out of my way for New Providence as a dedicated dive destination compared to Cozumel, TCI or LC but the Stuart Coves was certainly competent.

I dove with them last year, they're a first class operation. Did you do the shark dive?

I had scheduled the 4 dive package one day and the 2 dive shark package for another. I saw enough sharks on the first day, I decided to change my shark dives for another 4 dive package. I'm glad I did. I had some great dives - Bond wrecks, wall diving, swimthroughs, treasure wreck, and I swam with dolphins on the surface interval on the second day.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Happy Diving...

jreihl, sounds like you had a fantastic time! My husband and I dove with them this past February and also had a great time. 8 dives in two days. However, we did the shark dives(s) on the afternoon of the second day. Just something about them bumping in to you :wink:

I would highly recommend SC. However, having said that, now that I've done it there are other places to explore. So I doubt we'll be back to Nassau again...but you never know.

I heard that Stuart Cove's is good. I went with Dive Dive Dive when I was down there (and also stayed at their rooms). I like them. Some of my videos were from dives with them, including a shark dive but I don't have that video ready yet. The wreck dive video is with them though.

Oops, I just read that Dive Dive Dive is no longer in business. This is too bad because they were quite good and their rooms were very convenient. I think they were less expensive than Stuart Cove's at that time too.

Amazon:
However, having said that, now that I've done it there are other places to explore. So I doubt we'll be back to Nassau again...but you never know.

I couldn't agree with you more. The best part about diving is the choice you have for vacation spots. Next year I'm planning on the Phillipines, Hawaii, or more of the Caribbean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom