Stuart cove worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did the shark dive at Stuart Cove a few weeks ago. I thought it was worth doing, although (a) it gets a bit repetitive, and (b) their photographers are really aggressive about getting in your face (wide angle lenses and all that) during the show, which is distracting. They don't try to keep you from doing your own filming or photography, however.

it can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGlwyR6vXe4&feature=plcp&hd=1 .]

The first of the two dives is on and around a wreck where a lot of sharks just hang out without looking for handouts. I enjoyed that more than the feeding, actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was totally worth it for us! You will be up close and personal with Caribbean reef sharks. Before you know it, there will be so many sharks swimming around you won't be able to count them...and yes, they come close! I had one tip my mask with it's side fin. They advise you that if you fall over or get tipped over by a shark, to stay down, they will see you and come and sit you back up (part of the safety briefing) It is a very well oiled machine, that stuart's cove. Large dive groups, but DMs are attentive! I was able to take my camera down, but they will instruct you on how to take pictures while under (keep arms/hands/elbows in while holding camera close to your chest or belly) If you haven't done a shark dive, do it! sharks3.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:22 PM ----------

IMG_9716.jpghere's one of the pictures that they took that we purchased! We only bought a few...they are pricy! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom