Strobes??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am new to this site and have a question regarding an underwater point and shoot that I have had for a few years. I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC W300 in a Sony Marine pack housing. I have tried an older analogue strobe that I picked up on a whim but would like to go digital because I cannot seem to get the flash on the strobe to match up with the camera. I have tried a sea & sea ys27 that I borrowed from a friend. I seems to work some of the time. The housing does not have a fiber optic port in it. So, anyone out there have any ideas or recommendations for me?

It has been killing me not being able to take decent photos when at depth.

I am new to this site and have a question regarding an underwater point and shoot that I have had for a few years. I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC W300 in a Sony Marine pack housing. I have tried an older analogue strobe that I picked up on a whim but would like to go digital because I cannot seem to get the flash on the strobe to match up with the camera. I have tried a sea & sea ys27 that I borrowed from a friend. I seems to work some of the time. The housing does not have a fiber optic port in it. So, anyone out there have any ideas or recommendations for me?

It has been killing me not being able to take decent photos when at depth.

Hi
Welcome to the frustration of u/water photography, I have found this sea and sea site:

SONY MPK Accessories | SEA&SEA

address shows option for the addition of optic cables for Sony. You can also use a variety of stick on fibre optic cable set ups, the fibre optic cable is a surefire trigger for the strobe to be set off by the cameras flash.

Hope this helps

Fishfngr

Hey, thanks for all the info and options. Now it is just a matter of picking up something and getting wet.......and hopefully taking some good photos.

Thanks again....

Hey all, I ended up going with an Ikelite AF35 Autoflash set up. The local dive shop gave me a great deal and I have been down 3-4 times with the strobe. It appears to be working well and I now know that it will take some time to figure it out. But, it is nice to be able to take some photos at depth with some color to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom